In the spring time all the walleyes swim up the Wolf River to spawn. Also the White Bass go up a little later in the spring. They swim up the mouth of the Fox River in Oshkosh all the way through two lakes and then enter the Wolf River. I remember going to fish on the Wolf River with my dad, it was a lot of fun catching the fish. Here is a picture of a Walleye and White Bass below.
You can also see the fish going up and down by looking at the cameras on the Wolf River at Wolf River Cam when the cameras come online after ice out. There are several articles on fishing on the Wolf River in spring. Enjoy the articles and YouTube videos listed below.
- Jim Willes: Fishing the Wolf river article in the Appleton Post Crescent.
- Larry Smith Outdoors: Early Spring Fishing Tips on YouTube.
- Smith: Wolf River walleye run signals start of spring in Wisconsin
- John Gillespie’s: Fishing on the Wolf River in Spring YouTube article.
- White bass on the Wolf River Article by Dale Bowman.
If you have been fishing this spring let us know by leaving a comment.